The impact of a misaligned sales organisation can be challenging through to catastrophic for company’s revenue achievement. To illustrate this, consider a sales force consisting of twenty-five sales people with an average revenue target of $2 million each. If 60% of the sales force meet their revenue target while the remaining 40% perform at only 90% of budget, the resulting revenue shortfall for the business is $2 million per annum that can fall directly to the bottom line profit!
As CEO, you have a critical role in ensuring sales organisation effectiveness and the final responsibility for delivering top line earning growth, which in turn drives the share price that is so integral to many executive packages today. It is your responsibility to understand the dynamics of the business and ultimately communicate and drive the strategies that will profitably grow revenue.